But I guess that shows how little I know. These squash plants are probably around 10 feet long, and when I tried to rearrange them this morning, I found that they were encroaching upon the road, most of the way through the next community garden plot (which fortunately is also one we're taking care of), and even climbing almost all the way down into the 6 or so foot creekbed behind.
There are even a few beautiful little squashies that might be big enough to harvest by the time we have to move:
And tons of tomatoes, growing in bunches like grapes on the vine (and starting to turn red):

And a few little peppers:

Plus tons of green beans every couple of days. Just a few things to be excited about before we leave!
2 comments:
Wow! Attack of the killer squash! One Halloween, my dad let Kristen and me plant the pumpkin seeds in our backyard; even in the AZ climate they began to coil and suffocate some surrounding plants. Hope they ripen and provide you with tasty treats before your move!
Well, gardens ARE known to develop a life of their own. At least yours is full of plants you intended to grow! Mine was sabotaged by weeds in our absence and it will take days of dutiful work to get it in shape.
Post a Comment