Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is an extremely busy and stressful week, so just a quick note. On my way home kinda late from school, I craved sesame chicken, so I stopped by the grocery store and grabbed some chicken. (I haven't had much non-seafood meat in quite a while.) I found a recipe on the internet and quickly put it together. Problem was, the sauce fizzed a lot, and didn't thicken well. In fact, it fizzed so much that it almost boiled over. I took it off the heat and let it cool off, and that's when I realized my mistake: absentmindedly, I'd replaced the corn starch with baking powder! I can tell this recipe *would* probably be good...

The moral of the story is, don't improvise too much with important things like food when you're tired!

The hot fudge on ice cream, however, more than made up for it.

No comments: