...when, in the first week back after a vacation, you overhear things like the following:
1. [In a getting-to-know-you conversation] "So, where did you do your mission?"
2. "I met her at a baptism, and the rest is history."
3. "Did you figure out your spiritual sentence?"
4. "I got married recently, and the USU system still hasn't changed my name yet." [a freshman]
5. "I know I was registered originally, but I decided to do an LDS mission, so I won't be there this semester."
6. "I usually take the half-hour-before bus." [to arrive 15 minutes early for class at 8:30 AM, from a weaker student]
7. "Will graduate with a degree... maybe a wife." [From the USU alumni magazine, a profile of a current student]
1 comment:
I guess it takes a little while to get used to anywhere. But Utah is definitely a place of its own...
Post a Comment